Monday, December 1, 2008

Sometimes you just need to be held


Who told us we'd be rescued?
What has changed and why should we be saved from nightmares?
We're asking why this happens to us who have died to live,
it's unfair.
This is what it means to be held
How it feels, when the sacred is torn from your life and you survive

This is what it is to be loved and to know that the promise was when everything fell we'd be held

This hand is bitterness we want to taste it and let the hatred numb our sorrows
The wise hand opens slowly to lilies of the valley and tomorrow.
This is what it means to be held
How it feels, when the sacred is torn from your lifeAnd you survive
This is what it is to be loved and to know
That the promise was when everything fell
We'd be held
If hope is born of suffering
If this is only the beginning
Can we not wait, for one hour
Watching for our savior
This is what it means to be held
How it feels, when the sacred is torn from your life
And you survive
This is what it is to be loved and to know
That the promise was when everything fell
We'd be held

This is what it means to be held

(from "Held" by Natalie Grant)

A new spiritual place, some would say "wilderness". I am and have been there too. I am believing that this time and this season will bring a new light and I am hopeful that it will be sooner rather than later. I don't know what is happening in your heart/head right now, but know that you are being held, closely. 


Isaiah 41:10
10 So do not fear, for I am with you; do not be dismayed, for I am your God. I will strengthen you and help you; I will uphold you with my righteous right hand.

Being held in His righteousness is getting me through this season and onto the next...

Blessings,

Beth

No comments: