Tuesday, December 9, 2008

Surrender

She tried to be a good girl and a good wife
Raise a good family
Lead a good life
It's not good enough
She got herself up on the 48th floor
Gotta find out
Find out what she's living for
Surrender, Surrender
Surrender, Surrender

Tonight...

Oh, the city's afire
A passionate flame
It knows me by name
Oh, the city's desire
To take me for more and more
It's in the street, getting under my feet
It's in the air, it's everywhere

I look for you

It's in the things I do and say
If I wanna live I gotta
Die to myself... someday

(Excerpt from "Surrender" by U2 released in 1983)

When will be your someday....
God has been working overtime the last few weeks in my life and in the lives of those closest too me. He is amazing. As we surrender the things in our lives that keep us from real intimacy with the Father and each other, He reveals Himself more and more. Through this we are able to move further from our sin and into His will.

What do you need to surrender? It's not too late.

Titus 2: 11-14
11For the grace of God that brings salvation has appeared to all men. 12It teaches us to say "No" to ungodliness and worldly passions, and to live self-controlled, upright and godly lives in this present age, 13while we wait for the blessed hope—the glorious appearing of our great God and Savior, Jesus Christ, 14who gave himself for us to redeem us from all wickedness and to purify for himself a people that are his very own, eager to do what is good.

No comments: